This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With Easter coming up, I decided to decorate my home’s front door for Easter. Kids love a home that’s decorated for the holidays! I didn’t want to invest in more craft supplies. Instead, I shopped my home’s basement for craft supplies and came up with an easy to make yarn-wrapped Easter egg wreath!
This wreath is colorful and fun! It’s likely that you can make this wreath with supplies you already have on hand, or with materials you can purchase at the dollar store.
Yarn-Wrapped Easter Egg Wreath
To make your own yarn-wrapped Easter egg wreath, you will need:
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Yarn in a few colors
- Grapevine Wreath
- Hot glue gun with glue
- Fabric scraps (I used scraps of felt from a previous wreath I made, my Rainbow Spring Wreath)
- Colorful bow (I used a store-bought wrapping paper bow)
Yarn-Wrapped Easter Egg Wreath Step-By-Step:
- Heat up your glue gun.
- Place a small dollop of hot glue at the tip of your plastic egg.
- Place the end of a long string of yarn in the drop of glue to glue the yarn to the egg. (Don’t burn your fingers! I burned mine until I got the hang of it!)
- Carefully wrap your yarn around your plastic egg, adding a little bit of hot glue as you go. (I found that wrapping the yarn tightly around the egg and just gluing the yarn in place on one side of the egg worked really well.)
- Wrap a few eggs with yarn, gluing the yarn into place.
- Once you have as many eggs as you like, glue your eggs onto the wreath.
- Rest the wreath on a flat surface and let the glue set before trying to lift the wreath.
- Tie your fabric scraps onto your wreath with simple knots.
- Hot glue your bow into place.
- Once your wreath is complete, hang your wreath! I used a Command hook to hang mine.
Step by back and enjoy your “egg-cellent” wreath! Your door is now ready for Easter.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Apr 4, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020