One of the best decisions I made coming into the new year was working smoothies into my day. (I got a new blender for Christmas…so I have to put it to good use!)
Along those lines, I’ve wanted to work beets into my diet. Here’s the thing about beets: they boost stamina, lower blood pressure, and fight inflammation. Beets are also high in fiber and nutrients, and they help detoxify the body. We all need to add more beets into our diets, and I’m doing just that with this delicious berry beet smoothie!
Berry Beet Smoothie
What you want to remember with beets is they have a very earthy taste, so you want to mix in some sweet to cut that. While I used blueberries, you could also use apples, strawberries, or blackberries.
SO…let’s make a beet smoothie!
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 GRATED beet (You can use raw, steamed or chilled)
- 1/4 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave
- pinch of kosher salt
Place all of your ingredients in the blender and blend well.
And ENJOY your beets!
- Best Leggings For Running, Working Out, And Jumping In Front Of Your House - Apr 29, 2018
- Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes With Vanilla Avocado Frosting - Jan 3, 2018
- 10 Benefits Of Lemon Detox Water - Dec 29, 2016
- One Pot Pasta Recipe - Aug 22, 2016
- How To Use Snapchat - Jun 24, 2016
- Campfire Pizza - Jun 20, 2016
- S’mores Skillet - Mar 28, 2016
- Peeps French Toast Recipe - Mar 18, 2016
- Energy Boosting Smoothie - Jan 20, 2016
- Berry Beet Smoothie - Jan 13, 2016