This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The cold weather means one thing to me… cold and flu season. One of my kids is now in preschool which means he is a germ magnet. We try to keep up with washing hands and wiping noses, but it is so hard. When in doubt, we turn to a handy age-old remedy. A good friend introduced this to me a couple of years ago, and it has never failed me since. This is the best cold remedy. It is made using natural household ingredients, and it have your sore throat feeling better in no time!
Best Cold Remedy
- 8oz of hot water
- a tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (could be more if you wish)
- 1-3 wedges of lemon
The recipe is so simple! Mix the hot water, honey, and vinegar in a mug together. Then squeeze your desired amount of lemon into the mixture, and you are done!
Apple Cider vinegar is very acidic. It creates an alkaline environment which helps kill bacteria and viruses. The more often you are drinking the more chance it will work and shorten the cold. Did we also mention that it has been known to be linked to weight loss? Sounds like a double win!
Honey is not only delicious, but it’s also a terrific natural remedy. It has been used by centuries because of its antibacterial properties. Essentially, honey draws out water from inflamed tissues. It should help reduce swelling and discomfort when you have a sore throat.
Lemon, like apple cider vinegar, is extremely acidic. I am sure you have all tasted a lemon before, and felt your mouth instantly pucker. Lemon added to hot water will help boost your immune system. The hot water will soothe your tender throat, and the lemon will also help you to feel refreshed.
With all these clear health benefits why not give this brew a try? It might be a little potent, but it is worth it!
We recommend drinking 2-3 cups a day until your symptoms subside. Once you try it, you will always have these ingredients handy during cold and flu season!
- Easy Easter Cookies Decorated 4 Ways - Mar 8, 2021
- DIY Spring Wreath - Mar 1, 2021
- How To Make An Easter Basket With Newspaper - Feb 23, 2021
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Feb 20, 2021
- Strawberry Rose Bouquet - Feb 8, 2021
- DIY Chocolate Kiss Flowers - Feb 4, 2021
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2021
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 28, 2020
- Christmas Card Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 6, 2020
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail - Nov 2, 2020
- 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Nov 1, 2020
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Oct 30, 2020
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Oct 26, 2020
- Pineapple DIY Costume: Halloween Tutorial - Oct 19, 2020
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Oct 16, 2020