This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Loads of people are gearing up to watch the big game next weekend, and there’s little enjoyed more while watching than some delicious easy-to-eat appetizers. Game day food is serious business. Fortunately, there are some amazing recipes out there to share – so stay with me and get ready to take your taste buds by storm!
Game Day Food – 12 Amazing Tailgating Party Recipes
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeño Bites – Jamie of Mama Mommy Mom’s recipe has a great kick. And even better, the recipe requires refrigerated crescent roll dough, ensuring you will spend less time in the kitchen.
- Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts – Every party needs a bacon appetizer. This recipe at Dishes and Dust Bunnies fills that space perfectly.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Mama Dweeb has them stuffed with sausage over at her place. A perfectly hearty bite-sized eat!
Breads Filled With Awesomness
- Pepperoni Bread – I know that ordering pizza in can be a go-to choice for having friends over. This pepperoni bread over at In The Kitchen with KP is a perfect change from that routine.
- Baked Chicken Quesadilla – My very own 6-ingredient quesadilla is the perfect appetizer for you to include at your upcoming party. It’s super easy to make and delicious, as well.
- Zesty Ham Roll-Ups – I’m a big fan of having some “cold options” for your guests. I think you could swap out the ham and use turkey if you’d like, or leave out the meat and add cucumber and you’d be set. Whatever you choose, they look great.
- Cheesy Artichoke Pull-Apart Bread – This recipe from LeMoine Family Kitchen looks amazing. I might have to make it before the big game to give it a test run. And have I mentioned we’re not really having a gathering? I’m just trying to decide what to make for my own family.
Of course, when you’re having a party like this, you absolutely must have a variety of dips to choose from.
- Low-Carb Pizza Dip – First Time Mom’s pizza dip looks amazing. Because CHEESE!! And you could even switch out the pepperoni chips to be turkey pepperoni if you’d like.
- Carrot And White Bean Hummus – If you’re looking to provide something for those looking for lighter fare, why not consider this carrot and white bean hummus by Budget Girl? It looks delicious. Hummus is a hit at my house, and I love the idea of adding carrots to it to increase the veggie content.
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip – I love a good hot spinach artichoke dip. The Kitchen Wife’s version looks so amazing, I want her to make me some and send it over.
We here at SITS also have some lighter options for you to take a look at!
- Lowfat Cheesecake – Because what’s a party without dessert, right?
- Fruit Infused Detox Water – Because we know your guests are going to be filling up on all of this delicious food, having a light beverage choice for them is a hostess-with-the-mostest like thing to do. The fact that it is detoxifying is an added bonus.
And if by any chance you and your family will not be partying at home – but will actually BE at the big game – well, besides sitting home green with envy – Kirsten of Kids are a Trip has some quick resources for the best family friendly activities in Phoenix. Might as well enjoy yourselves around town while you’re there, right?
What is your favorite game day food?
- Instant Pot Egg White Bites ￼ - Oct 18, 2022
- Disco Ball Planter DIY - Oct 18, 2022
- Homemade Healthy Reese’s Eggs - Oct 18, 2022
- DIY Photography Backdrops - Oct 18, 2022
- 10 Video Ideas for Instagram Reels - Oct 18, 2022
- The Wicked Witch Cocktail Recipe - Oct 6, 2022
- DIY Halloween Felt Garland - Oct 4, 2022
- Splat Spoon Rest - Oct 4, 2022
- Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs - Oct 3, 2022
- Power Hour Playlist: 2000s Edition - Oct 3, 2022
- POWER HOUR PLAYLIST: 1990S EDITION - Sep 19, 2022
- Strawberry Pie Recipe - Sep 19, 2022
- Power Hour Playlist: 1980s Edition - Sep 16, 2022
- Digital Declutter Checklist - Sep 13, 2022
- Birthday Freebies - Sep 8, 2022
Oh boy, what a way to spoil a big guy!
Ali the Skinny GF Chef says
Great stuff Andrea, I just bookmarked and will be back to make some. Especially the artichoke bread. Holy cow. Thanks!
Andrea Bates says
Right? That looks so amazing!!! Thanks for reading, Ali!
Mandee aka The Kitchen Wife says
Thanks so much for the feature! And WOW! I now have TOO many great ideas for our annual Super Bowl Party!
Happy Reading, Happy Eating, and Happy Living,
~The Kitchen Wife~
Andrea Bates says
I wish I lived near you, Mandee. I’d invite myself over all the time!
Thanks for reading and sharing.
Wow, what an incredible list!!! So many options… how does one choose! Thanks for sharing this and for including my pull apart bread!
Oh these all look so great! Thanks so much for including my Zesty Ham Roll Ups!