This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Even if you’re not comfortable in the kitchen, these boozy gummy bears are something I am sure you can make! Best of all, you can make them in whatever flavors with whatever liquors you like. That way you can turn them into a truly custom gift for your adult family and friends. These homemade gummy bears make a great gift for any holiday, and are easy to theme as you like.
Boozy Gummy Bears For Gifts
Supplies to Make Boozy Gummy Bears:
- 1 3oz. package flavored gelatin (flavor of choice)
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup liquor of choice
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp citric acid
- gummy bear mold
How To Make Boozy Gummy Bears
Add your liquor and corn syrup in a small saucepan and mix well. With ½ cup of liquor, the gummies will take on the full taste. If you prefer to have just the hint of the flavor, use ¼ cup of liquor with ¼ cup of water.
Slowly add each package of gelatin, stirring well. Make sure all gelatin is dissolved.
Stir in ¼ tsp of citric acid. This is what gives gummies their sour taste, but even non-sour gummies have citric acid. If you want to crank up the flavor, add a little more. Just don’t go over ½ tsp or you’ll probably regret it!
Slowly heat your gummy mixture at medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for at least five minutes.
Pour your gummy mixture into a glass container and allow it to sit for a minute or so. If bubbles form, scrape them off the top of the gummy mixture. This will ensure clear gummies.
Using The Gummy Bear Mold
Now it’s time to pour your gummy mixture into your gummy bear mold. Many molds will come with droppers, which make this easy. If you don’t have a dropper, the equally easy–just messier–way to do this is to carefully pour the liquid directly into the mold. Make sure you do this over an easy to clean surface. The size of the gummy bear cavities means you will absolutely have overspill. Use a knife (an offset frosting knife works especially well for this, if you have one) to scrape off all of the overspill.
One batch will make at least 50 gummy bears. Avoid the temptation to make a double batch of the gummy mixture since the quick set time might leave you with a mixture that is too thick to pour before you can fill all of your molds.
Place the molds in the refrigerator until the gummies are set. The gummy bears are ready to eat as soon as they come out of the refrigerator, but you’ll probably notice they’re a bit sticky. That’s because they’ll need to dehydrate for a day or two.
Dehydrating Your Gummy Bears
Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment and place the gummy bears on top. You’ll want to change the position of the gummies a few times during this process. I left my gummy bears sitting in the microwave while they dehydrated to keep them out of the way. If I needed to use the microwave I just pulled them out, placed them out of the way, then put them back in as soon as I was finished.
Once you feel like your gummy bears have just the right amount of chewiness, it’s time to package them up as gifts.
I used cherry and lime gelatin to make my gummies to stick with a Christmas theme.
The lime gummies have vodka, while the cherry gummies have rum. You can really get creative here if you like. Maybe lime with rum and a drop or two of mint extract to make mojito gummies? The sky is the limit!
Make sure you label the gummy bears to let your friends know these gummies are not to share with the little ones!
- This Is Why You Aren’t Picked For Sponsored Influencer Campaigns - Apr 15, 2021
- Step Up Your Sandwich Game With These Grilled Cheese Recipes - Apr 9, 2021
- It’s National Something On A Stick Day And We’re Celebrating! - Mar 31, 2021
- Cookie Cup Nests - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! Hero Elementary - Mar 29, 2021
- Twitter Party Alert! California Psychics - Mar 25, 2021
- Chocolate Piñata Easter Eggs - Mar 22, 2021
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot Of Gold Wreath - Mar 13, 2021
- Celebrate Pi Day With These Delicious Pie Recipes - Mar 10, 2021
- Tips and Tricks For Creating Great In-Store Images - Mar 4, 2021
- Rosé Gummy Bears - Feb 9, 2021
- Mini Crescent Roll King Cakes - Feb 5, 2021
- Easy Valentine’s Day Artwork - Feb 3, 2021
- Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treat Pops - Feb 1, 2021
- Homemade Boozy Gummy Bears For Gifts - Dec 18, 2020