I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. Maybe it’s a commitment thing, maybe it’s because I’m so darn busy I never have a moment to sit down and figure out what the heck I would do…it’s probably the commitment thing.
That said, I’m the first one to make little changes that are easy to implement. I typically find these little ideas in the morning on Flipboard. (Do you Flipboard? I love it!) That’s where I saw the headline about lemon detox water. I would link to that article as a reference if I could even find it again, but alas, I’ve lost it in Flipboard.
There were so many reasons to drink lemon water, and most of what I’ve found says for best benefits, you need to drink it warm, which I do. I find it soothing and relaxing. It’s totally easy to work this into my morning routine. I make my butter coffee (story for another day) and drink my lemon water while I’m doing it. Lemon water is best when you drink it warm, first thing in the morning.
Top 10 Benefits Of Lemon Detox Water
- Immune Boost – Lemons are rich in vitamin in vitamin C and potassium, which keep the body running on all cylinders and help the immune system and heart.
- Clear Skin – Vitamin C is a key factor for clean healthy skin. It flushes toxins out of the blood so they do not accumulate in pores and hydrates skin cells. Antioxidants in lemons, including vitamin C, protect against free radical and solar damage too. Score!
- Combats Stress – Vitamin C helps the body clear out stress hormones. Well alright!
- Weight Loss – Lemons contain pectin. This is a fiber that helps reduce cravings. It is a zero calorie drink that you can use to replace high calorie soft drinks and juices. It’s easier for me to say no to that second soda of the day because I just drink a lemon water.
- Freshens Breath – Guess what, the essential oils in lemons help clean and freshen your mouth! I am told it’s best to brush your teeth before you drink lemon water and avoid brushing for a while after to protect your teeth enamel, since acid can weaken it.
- Diuretic – Lemon water is a mild diuretic that can help cleanse your urinary tract and kidneys. This can improve blood pressure as well.
- Respiratory Health – It’s really soothing when you have coughs, colds or flu’s.
- Promotes Healing – Vitamin C has anti-inflammatory properties which are essential for good health and recovery from stress or injury.
- Balances PH – The alkaline in lemons help balance the PH levels in the body.
- Improves Digestive Health – The citric acid in lemons helps to simulate stomach juices and ease digestion, flushing out built-up toxins along the way.
I’ve also read that drinking lemon water can ease the body’s craving for caffeine. I can not confirm this since I do enjoy my one coffee in the morning very much.
This is just one little addition I’ve made to my routine in 2015. It’s easy, right?
What are you doing to feel better in the New Year?
For more detox water ideas, check out our four favorite detox water recipes.
- Best Leggings For Running, Working Out, And Jumping In Front Of Your House - Apr 29, 2018
- Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes With Vanilla Avocado Frosting - Jan 3, 2018
- 10 Benefits Of Lemon Detox Water - Dec 29, 2016
- One Pot Pasta Recipe - Aug 22, 2016
- How To Use Snapchat - Jun 24, 2016
- Campfire Pizza - Jun 20, 2016
- S’mores Skillet - Mar 28, 2016
- Peeps French Toast Recipe - Mar 18, 2016
- Energy Boosting Smoothie - Jan 20, 2016
- Berry Beet Smoothie - Jan 13, 2016
- Food Photography And Styling | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 4 - Jul 16, 2015
- Green Smoothie Pops: Healthy Breakfast For Kids - Jul 15, 2015
- Moscato Pink Punch Recipe - Jul 13, 2015
- Nutella French Toast - Jul 8, 2015
- Super Green Berry Smoothie - Jul 6, 2015