This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Question: Can I make my own granola bars?
I tried to this afternoon with wonderful results.
Easy peasy, and cost friendly too.
I call mine Trail Mix Granola Bars– you will see why in a minute.
Start with one part butter, to one part honey, to two parts brown sugar.
Place in a deep pot over medium heat.
Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Stir in granola, puffed rice cereal, and any other goodies– I chose golden raisins, chocolate chips, and pretzel rods.
I waited for the mixture to cool until I added the chips– so they would not melt. I just greased up my hands and pressed everything down into a cookie pan with a lip.
Refrigerate– a good hour or so.
Dump pan onto a cutting board and cut into bars. It makes at least 20.
Enjoy one with a cold glass of milk. YUM.
Recipe for Granola Bars
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
3 to 4 cups granola, such as Back to Nature brand
1 cup rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup thin pretzel sticks
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- DIY Hangers: How to Make Wooden Stamped Hangers - Jan 1, 2020
- Chicken Wire Message Board | DIY Message Board - Dec 30, 2019
- Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps - Mar 30, 2017
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 10, 2016
- DIY Hot Cocoa Dunkers: Fun, Easy & Perfect for Kids! - Dec 21, 2015
- DIY Peppermint Soap - Dec 7, 2015
- DIY: Thanksgiving Napkin Rings - Nov 25, 2015
- Homemade Simmering Potpourri For The Holidays - Nov 18, 2015
- DIY Leather Napkin Rings - Nov 15, 2015
- DIY Boot Cuffs - Nov 6, 2015
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Nov 4, 2015
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 2, 2015
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Polka-Dot Lanterns - Oct 30, 2015
- DIY Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Oct 23, 2015
- DIY Fall Craft: 15 Minute Fabric Pumpkin - Oct 14, 2015