This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi all, it’s Emily here, you know…from Little Momma & Co.
I’m traveling today, blogging from a little city on the Australian coastline called Sydney. We are trying to catch a little sun after being trapped in what my husband and I lovingly call “the longest winter of our lives…”
Back in Utah, every other day it snows. Nothing a little afternoon sun can’t take care of…but really, snow? How much snow does one town need! I’m feeling springy. I need to be able to wear flip flops without worrying about frostbite.
Is your little section of the world still stuck in a winter rut? You could bring springtime inside! Cook up a little something that makes you feel like you’ve been lounging in the sultry spring sun all rosy cheeked and smelling of fresh grass.
This is one of our favorites! I call it spring on a plate, you can call it easy.
Spring Pea Soup with Easy Cheesy Scallion Panini’s. It’s only a few simple steps.
Chop up one bunch of scallions, separate the whites from the greens into 2 piles.
Put the whites in a pot with a little butter, cook for a minute and then add a bag of frozen peas and a can of chicken broth + 1 cup of water. Boil for 5 minutes. Blend in the blender.
Take the green scallions and mix with a block of shredded Monterey Jack.
Place 4 slices of rye bread in a buttered skillet and top with cheese mixture. Top with another piece of bread and cook until toasty.
Cut sandwiches into 4 pieces lengthwise. Serve with soup, and enjoy!
Easy as Spring, right?
Well lovely SITStahs, I will see you next week! Who knows what stories I will bring back with me. Cross your fingers I will make it back to the states in one piece after a 15 hour flight!
- DIY Hangers: How to Make Wooden Stamped Hangers - Jan 1, 2020
- Chicken Wire Message Board | DIY Message Board - Dec 30, 2019
- Edible Playdough Recipe With Peeps - Mar 30, 2017
- DIY Painted Glass Bottle Vases - Feb 10, 2016
- DIY Hot Cocoa Dunkers: Fun, Easy & Perfect for Kids! - Dec 21, 2015
- DIY Peppermint Soap - Dec 7, 2015
- DIY: Thanksgiving Napkin Rings - Nov 25, 2015
- Homemade Simmering Potpourri For The Holidays - Nov 18, 2015
- DIY Leather Napkin Rings - Nov 15, 2015
- DIY Boot Cuffs - Nov 6, 2015
- Elf On The Shelf Printables - Nov 4, 2015
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 2, 2015
- Mason Jar Crafts: DIY Polka-Dot Lanterns - Oct 30, 2015
- DIY Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Oct 23, 2015
- DIY Fall Craft: 15 Minute Fabric Pumpkin - Oct 14, 2015