A couple weeks ago, I committed to drinking one green smoothie a day. I’ve learned a lot about smoothies. First, they’re yummy. Second, they’re colorful. The amount of spinach I put in them dictates the color.
I tell you this because my kiddos have become quite the smoothie aficionados. Translation…they know mommy is putting greens in the smoothies…so now they don’t want them. Well that’s a bummer.
Then I had a lightbulb! What if I make popsicles with my leftovers? This could be a great way to make green smoothies for kids.
I’ll tell you what…they eat these smoothie pops! Score one for mommy.
Now I make a couple smoothies a day, and for the first one, I use less spinach.
Green Smoothies For Kids: Smoothie Pops Recipe
My staple smoothie ingredients are:
- spinach (1 – 2 handfuls)
- 1 banana (always)
- a splash of almond milk until it’s the consistency I want
- handful of almonds
- strawberries (1 – 2 handfuls)
- blackberries (1 handful)
- chia seeds (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger (just to give it some zing)
Toss it all in the blender and mix until smooth.
Pour into molds and freeze at least 6 hours.
I like making sure my kids have fruits and veggies in their diet. We are rushing around so much in the morning…this is an easy way to hand them a popsicle and know it’s a good breakfast!
- Best Leggings For Running, Working Out, And Jumping In Front Of Your House - Apr 29, 2018
- Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes With Vanilla Avocado Frosting - Jan 3, 2018
- 10 Benefits Of Lemon Detox Water - Dec 29, 2016
- One Pot Pasta Recipe - Aug 22, 2016
- How To Use Snapchat - Jun 24, 2016
- Campfire Pizza - Jun 20, 2016
- S’mores Skillet - Mar 28, 2016
- Peeps French Toast Recipe - Mar 18, 2016
- Energy Boosting Smoothie - Jan 20, 2016
- Berry Beet Smoothie - Jan 13, 2016
- Food Photography And Styling | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 4 - Jul 16, 2015
- Green Smoothie Pops: Healthy Breakfast For Kids - Jul 15, 2015
- Moscato Pink Punch Recipe - Jul 13, 2015
- Nutella French Toast - Jul 8, 2015
- Super Green Berry Smoothie - Jul 6, 2015