This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I had a craving. I don’t get them very often, but I had a craving for a good old fashioned Moon Pie. Some people call them Whoopie Pies.
But the big question isn’t what to call them, it is, can you make your own? Turns out you can! I did some googling, and actually, there are many ways to make both moon pies and whoopie pies. Hmmm…which to choose? I wanted to try them all. And now you get to benefit from my labor, because I have the best whoopie pie recipe to share with you.
They were super easy to make…
Chocolate Whoopie Pie Recipe
Whoopie Pie Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Next, you’ll mix 1/2 cup butter or margarine and white sugar. Add egg, evaporated milk, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Then, stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and hand mix together until combined.
Grease a cookie sheet and place tablespoonfuls, 3 inches apart. Pop that in the oven for about 10 min. Allow to cool before filling.
Whoopie Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
For the marshmallow filling, in a medium mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, confectioners’ sugar, flavored extract, and marshmallow creme. Mix until smooth. At this point, I popped my fluff into the fridge for about 20 minutes so it firmed up.
Assemble pies by spreading 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of filling on flat side of a cookie crust, then covering filling with flat side of another cookie crust. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Super easy!
- 10 Benefits Of Lemon Water Detox - Dec 30, 2019
- Mason Jar Salad: The Perfect Summer Salad Recipe - Jun 9, 2019
- Best Leggings For Running, Working Out, And Jumping In Front Of Your House - Apr 29, 2018
- Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes With Vanilla Avocado Frosting - Jan 3, 2018
- One Pot Pasta Recipe - Aug 22, 2016
- How To Use Snapchat - Jun 24, 2016
- Campfire Pizza - Jun 20, 2016
- S’mores Skillet - Mar 28, 2016
- Peeps French Toast Recipe - Mar 18, 2016
- Energy Boosting Smoothie - Jan 20, 2016
- Berry Beet Smoothie - Jan 13, 2016
- Food Photography And Styling | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 4 - Jul 16, 2015
- Green Smoothie Pops: Healthy Breakfast For Kids - Jul 15, 2015
- Moscato Pink Punch Recipe - Jul 13, 2015
- Nutella French Toast - Jul 8, 2015