This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Staying healthy any time of the year can prove difficult, but it’s especially tricky during the winter months. There are so many germs out there to fight! As bloggers, we often spend the bulk of our time writing and composing articles, and less time focusing on ourselves. It’s important to keep your health in mind, no matter what your job is, so today I’m sharing 5 easy health tips to help you get your new year started right.
5 Easy Health Tips Bloggers Can Incorporate Into Their Life
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I had a doctor’s appointment last week and while my situation is a little different than what you might be dealing with (I’m mid-way through pregnancy), hydration was the word of the day. Drinking enough water is key to health whether you are looking to lose weight, maintain, or just avoid a cold. Find a fun water bottle and start your day off right by filling it the night before, so it’s ready when you wake up.
2. Take a walk. Even if you don’t have access to a gym, get some steps in. It’s easy to find yourself tethered to your computer/desk most of the day, but you aren’t doing yourself any favors by not burning some calories. Also, exercise (any form of it!) just plain feels good.
3. Rest. Are you getting enough sleep at night? My doctor cringed when she heard the number of hours I think I’m sleeping at night. I’m trying to establish a new bedtime for myself – because my wake-up time is set. I have a preschooler who wakes at 6 a.m. every day. Back that up 8 hours, and I really need to be in by 10 if I have a shot of getting a decent amount of sleep.
4. Step away from your screens. As bloggers, screentime is a big part of our jobs. Whether it’s a laptop, tablet, or phone, they’re all around us. Establish a cut-off time from your laptop, phone, television — whatever the devices may be that’s keeping you awake. Aim for at least 30 minutes of no-screen time before bed. This will help your mind relax and you should fall asleep a little easier.
5. Take your vitamins! Eating a balanced diet is important, but taking vitamins can be so easy! You can even take a children’s vitamin (they taste better!) – just check the label for the adult dosage. My son and I take the same vitamins, so it’s easier for me to remember to take mine. I take them when I give him one!
What easy health tips do you have to add? How do you stay healthy?
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020