This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It matters not who you are, or even where you are in life, one thing is for sure…change is coming for us all. How do you handle it? Change is a good thing, right? It depends on how you look at it, and how you approach the situation.
How Do You Handle Change?
Make no bones about it, change brings stress. It. Just. Does. It doesn’t really matter what the change consist of. It could be a joyful occasion like adding a new member to your family. Babies are an exciting part of life. I loved welcoming new additions to our home, but it was hard. There are always a lot of demands in a new situation, and bringing a baby home is definitely one of the most joyful, demanding, stressful, beautiful events life has to offer.
And then there is loss. Loss of any kind brings a stress all its own. Loss is a special change, a difficult change that happens to us all at some point. This is the type of change I wish we could avoid, and yet I don’t. Change means you are alive.
I have had the opportunity to experience many different types of changes throughout my life. I didn’t always count them as an opportunity, however. It is only recently that I see change as a change for growth and something to be embraced.
I am currently going through what is proving to be one of the most difficult seasons of my life, which, of course, involves change. Almost more change than I can handle. But handle it I will because to do anything less would be to miss the experience.
Life is a journey. Change is what makes it so.
There are changes we plan for and changes we don’t. Changes we welcome with open arms and changes we would rather avoid with every fiber of our beings. But change, no matter what it is, is as much a part of life as breathing.
There seems to be two schools of thought on the subject of change: you can fight it tooth and nail, or go with the flow, glean the tidbits of knowledge that change brings, and allow it to sculpt you into the person you desire to be.
Change is going to happen. You can take that to the bank. It has been my experience that no matter what the situation is, embracing whatever comes our way, helps to make it count, especially if you share the lessons learned with those who are facing the same situation as you. This adds value to the pain you have experienced and makes it worthwhile.
I’m not sure where you are with this whole change thing. I hope you are in a positive place in your life where the changes that are happening are bringing forth beauty and light. If you’re not, however, and you find yourself in a darker place than you want to be, look to the end because that is the place you are headed. Keep your focus there.
Change is hard, no doubt about it. If you are brave enough to embrace it, you will be in a better place when the dust settles, which leaves you in a better place for the next change that comes your way.
You can take that to the bank as well. Because change is coming.
How do you respond to change?
Looking for more inspiration? Here are a few posts you’ll find helpful:
- Let Go Of Control And Start Living In The Moment
- 8 Nice Things To Say To A Friend
- Secrets To Happiness You Don’t Want To Forget
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Apr 4, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020