This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m sure we can all relate to the fact that blogging and social media can easily take over our life. It is easy to forget about the offline world! Blogging is an important part of our life but we need to remember it isn’t our life. There needs to be a middle ground between the online world and the offline world. Sometimes finding this balance is hard and at times feels impossible.
We have to remember that there are people in the offline world that need us. We need to remember that we need time away from blogging and social media.
5 Tips on Balancing Your Social Life & Blogging Life
1. Stick to a Schedule:
Working online means there is always something going on. Someone is always on Twitter, there is always awesome recipes to find on Pinterest and fabulous blogs to comment on. It is very easy to get sucked into all of these different activities. Having a set schedule is easier said than done, believe me I know! Setting yourself on a schedule will take time but after a while you will see that it works! You will notice that you have more time for an offline social life.
2. Power Down:
Just shut it off! Turn off your computer, iPad and other electronics. Yes, that means your cell phone too!
Taking a break from the online world gives you a chance to regroup and refocus. You will have a chance to visit with family, talk to your friends on the phone or maybe write an out-of-town family member a quick note. Use this time to catch up on housework, take a nap or just catch up on your favorite TV shows.
Try scheduling a power down day once a week.
3. Maintain Offline Relationships:
We all have wonderful blogger friends but you still need to maintain your IRL (In Real Life) friends. It is very easy to let IRL relationships fall to the wayside. Make your family and friends a priority, they should not have to compete for your time. Carve out time every day to spend quality time with your significant other, friends, kids or anyone else that is important in your life.
You can also have offline relationships with other bloggers. Look for a local blogging group in your area. If there isn’t one start one! This will give you a great way to connect in person and meet some new people.
4. Have Hobbies:
Running a blog, taking care of your family, maintain a home and other duties usually take priority over hobbies. It is easy to forget who we were pre-blogger! Take a step back and think about what you enjoyed doing prior to blogging. It could be something simple like reading a book, taking car rides or just laying out in your backyard. No matter what your hobbies were, learn to embrace them again. Set some time every week to enjoy those things that used to mean so much to you. Who knows you might even get a terrific blog post out of it.
5. Date Nights:
Let’s face it the online world takes over our life at time. It is easy to forget about the needs of our significant other. We expect them to be supportive of our online job but we also need to be supportive of their needs. Make it a point to schedule a date night on a regular basis. This is a time to rekindle your relationship and let your partner know that they are important!
Your date night doesn’t have to be expensive or extravagant. Take a drive, watch a movie or out for a quick dinner.
Looking for more posts like this one? Keep reading!
- Use Analytics Now: Understanding Real Time Google Analytics Numbers - Jun 19, 2015
- How to Find Keywords in Google Analytics - Mar 12, 2015
- Tax Deductions All Bloggers Should Know About - Feb 3, 2015
- GoodNites* TRU FIT* Twitter Party - Sep 22, 2014
- #LOOKSTHATROCK Twitter Party - Aug 21, 2014
- Financial Independence TWITTER PARTY From Capital One 360 - Jul 2, 2014
- #VRMonth Twitter Party from Wyndham Vacation Rentals - Jun 16, 2014
- How to Regram Images on Instagram - Jun 5, 2014
- #AllergyFace Twitter Party - Jun 2, 2014
- What Makes You Smile When You Look In the Mirror? #DoveMirror Twitter Party - May 15, 2014
- #WorldsToughestJob Twitter Party with Cardstore - Apr 30, 2014
- BIG Reveal Coming: #TicTacMystery Twitter Party - Apr 28, 2014
- April 26: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 25, 2014
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Credible & Respected Top Blogger - Apr 24, 2014
- April 19: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 18, 2014