Summer is quickly approaching and your family will be looking for things to do. Now is the time to sit down and make a summer bucket list. There are dozens of summer bucket lists that you can print out and use with your family. Most contain fun activities, outings, and projects that children will enjoy. What they don’t contain is things that your particular family likes to do! The only list that will contain those things is one that you make yourself.
What are some places nearby that we have always wanted to visit, but haven’t been to yet?
What free activities does my town offer that we would enjoy?
- Outdoor concerts
- Library Programs
- Nature walks
- Cooking classes at local grocery stores
- Summer movies (Many theaters offer cheap or free movies as do parks)
What backyard activities does your family love or would your family enjoy?
- Picnic under a tree
- Cookout with a theme (food from a different culture, movies themes, funky holiday)
- Painting a backyard fence with water
- Sprinkler dance party
- Group Game (tag, hide and seek, baseball or soccer)
- Water balloon fight
What recipe has your family wanted to try or your family loves for you to make, but you don’t make often?
- Homemade Pizza
- Ice cream sandwich sundaes
How can you serve a meal your family likes in a fun way?
- Have dinner or breakfast at park
- Plan a picnic in the living room
- Serve a meal in a tent in the backyard
- Have breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast
What a some activities we can do if it rains?
- Play board games with new rules
- Make play dough
- Color on a giant roll of paper or back of wrapping paper
- Create a sculpture with items out of your recycling bin
Who could you help or serve?
- Take food to food bank
- Make cards to send or take to a family member, service member, or neighbor
- Ask an older neighbor if you can help weed their yard
Decide on Ideas and Display Them
Once you have brainstormed ideas for your bucket list, you will need to select 10- 20 of them to put on your list. Please make sure that everyone in the family gets a couple of their idea things on the list.
When your list is ready, find a fun way to display your list. It could be on paper to hang on fridge or on slips of paper placed in a sand bucket. There are dozens of ways to display your list.
Finally you will need to decide how often you will try to work on the bucket list. Deciding to do one, two or maybe three things on your list a will ensure that you actually do the things on your bucket list.
More Inspiration on Activities For The Family
Need a little more inspiration to get your summer bucket list going? Keep reading we have some some ideas for you!
- What Are UMVs And Why Do I Need To Know Mine? - May 26, 2017
- Social Media Strategy For The Holidays - Nov 10, 2016
- What Do Your Social Media Handles Say About You? - Sep 9, 2016
- Blogging Tips That Will Revolutionize Your Blog - Mar 24, 2016
- Instagram Do’s And Don’ts - Sep 15, 2015
- Everything You Need To Know About Links For Your Blog - Feb 8, 2015
- How To Start and Maintain A Regular Link Up On Your Blog - Sep 11, 2014
- 7 Ways to Be Happy By Making Someone Else’s Day - Aug 14, 2013
- Summer Bucket List: How to Make One For Your Family - May 15, 2013
- Must Read Forum Discussions: May 3 - May 3, 2013