This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Learning to embrace a more natural lifestyle is as simple as getting back to the basics. In a crazy, very plugged in, fast-paced, go-go-go world, it’s important to balance your life with as much nature as possible. Slow down to enjoy the pace of simpler days. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Simple Ways to Live a More Natural Lifestyle
1. Get in Touch With Your Earthy Side
This means getting outside! Get your hands dirty. Walk barefoot. Plan a long hike or family hikes. Go to farmers markets and spend an hour or more picking out fresh foods and eating something there, if possible, if they have picnic tables or nice farms. In order to really get in touch with nature, you have to get rid of the “unnatural” in your life, if even for only one afternoon a week.
2. Say Hello to Mother Nature
Try unplugging and heading to the woods, a farm, a beach, or a mountain and just BEING. No books, no magazines – and of course nothing with an on/off button. The mental slowing down is a huge investment you make in yourself. You need to connect with Mother Nature as much as possible to stay grounded and at peace with yourself.
It’s easy to say we don’t have the time to do this. But it’s truly amazing and restorative to spend quiet time immersed in nature. I know I feel like a whole new person after a four-hour hike or a long walk on a quiet beach.
3. Change Your Food Habits
Try to buy foods that grew, walked, or swam – instead of being created in a factory. The more whole foods we nourish our bodies with, the better we feel.
Eating organic, whole foods is the best way to go. Avoid pesticides, chemicals, dyes, and fake fats. Just simple old-fashioned real wholesome goodness. Locally grown organic food is best. Can’t afford organic? At least buy fruits and veggies locally.
4. Minimize the Artificial
Minimize the artificial things in your home, starting with everything from lighting (use more energy-efficient alternatives or keep windows open) to decorations, to color. Try to bring as much of the outdoors IN as you can.
Decorate with flowers, plants, shells, wood, rocks, and drift wood. Paint with a natural palette of colors – earth tones and jewel tones look beautiful together and are soothing to the eye. Cut back on the plastics, the electronics, air-conditioning, and excess lights. Keep your windows open as much as possible for fresh air.
5. Develop Your Spiritual Side
Learning to be aware of your thoughts and actions helps maintain a healthy attitude and a sense of truthfulness to your spirit. Pursuing passions in your spare time, especially ones that are are physical or involve the arts, will balance your mental, physical, and spiritual sides – and keep your body in harmony with your thoughts.
Be open, be truthful, and learn to focus on doing what really makes you feel good.
6. Get Creative
Unleash your creative side by dancing, doing yoga, painting, writing, drawing, photography, or whatever makes you feel wildly passionate and happy. Helping others, volunteering, playing with pets? All great ideas!
Do the things that bring you peace, happiness, and joy. The happier we are inside, the more joy and love we radiate to others, and the more aware we are of the earth around us.
The more natural lifestyle we seek to live is within reach by making small daily changes.
Author Bio: Debra Ferrie
Debra is a lifestyle blogger and organic beauty entrepreneur who loves the beach, photography, reading, and taking road trip adventures with her kids even when they fight the whole way! Connect with her on Facebook or her website.
- 10 Steps To Writing A Book And Getting It Published - Jan 3, 2020
- Shop Smarter: Thrifting And Decluttering Strategy - Jan 2, 2020
- Create Your Dream Closet With These 20 Easy Tips - Dec 29, 2019
- Cucumber and Hummus Bites - Dec 29, 2019
- How To Revive Your Blog After A Break - Jan 10, 2019
- Photography Tips From A Pro Blogger - Apr 9, 2018
- How to Write More Blog Posts, Easily, in Less Time - Feb 19, 2018
- Zucchini Banana Bread - Jan 11, 2018
- Building Your Author Platform - Jan 10, 2018
- 7 Thrifty Sewing Storage Ideas - Jan 5, 2018
- How To Handle Criticism As A Creative - Jan 4, 2018
- Maple Bourbon Apple Pie Recipe - Dec 23, 2017
- 4 Things That Could Be Killing Your Creativity - Nov 13, 2017
- Get Ready To Write Every Day – These Four Tips Will Help - Nov 6, 2017
- Creating Quality Instagram Content - Oct 30, 2017