It is pretty easy to get kids in the kitchen to eat…but we like to get them cooking with us as well! With this in mind, we are focusing on kid friendly dessert recipes this year. Kids love dessert (and so do we!), so it is a great way to get them involved in your family cooking fun. Being in the kitchen together is also a great opportunity to slow down, set aside cell phones and gaming devices, and spend time talking.
Kid Friendly Dessert Recipes
- Easy Fried Ice Cream – To make it completely kid friendly, we aren’t actually going to fry it. But you will get all the yummy taste of fried ice cream without all the hot oil. It’s a win-win!
- Brookies Recipe: How To Make Cookies And Brownies At The Same Time – This is the dessert everyone will love. A homemade chocolate chip cookie baked inside a brownie. We’ll take two (or three), please.
- Chocolate Black Bean Cupcakes With Vanilla Avocado Frosting – These cupcakes are a great way to sneak a little extra goodness into your kids’ diet. And there are four more skinny cupcake recipes there as well, so you can have cupcakes all week long.
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream – This is brilliant, and perfect for kids that have issues with dairy. It is “ice cream” made out of bananas. Not only is it yummy, it is fun to make, too.
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes – What kid doesn’t like pink lemonade and cupcakes? All our kids love them. So what would be better than to combine the two for some of the most fun cupcakes you have ever tried? We can’t think of anything. These are super easy to make, too, you mostly need white cake mix and pink lemonade powder.
- Orange Dixie Cup Popsicles – Get ready for frozen fun this summer! Making your own popsicles has never been this easy, and the flavor possibilities are endless.
- Easy Pudding Dessert: Vanilla and Chocolate Pudding Pops – Learn how to use Jello pudding and almond milk to make rich and creamy popsicles this summer.
Kid Friendly Dessert Recipes For Holidays
- Easter Bunny Dirt Cake Parfait – This is the cutest bunny themed dessert out there. We love how real the cute coconut grass looks, too.
- 4th Of July Banana Pops – Super simple to make and fun, too. Give your banana pops a red, white, and blue twist and they will be perfect for your July 4th celebration.