This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When you become a blogger, one of the things that you will find yourself encountering is wanting to grow your blog, work with other bloggers, and working with brands and businesses. You want to be able to promote yourself and your blog in the best light possible. One of the easiest ways to do this is to create an awesome media kit that promotes you and your unique blog.
How To Make An Awesome Media Kit
What you want your media kit to do for you:
- Showcase your unique writing style
- Highlight your blog readers, social media reach, and Internet influence
- Promote yourself as blogger that can truly help a business and brand
There are several ways you can go about creating a media kit that catches the attention of anyone that views it.
Use Picmonkey or iPiccy
One way you can create an awesome media kit is to use a free program like PicMonkey or iPiccy. You can use images and fun fonts to highlight your creative style while still keeping a professional document. Using Pickmonkey you can add banners, texts, headers, and logos to create a Media Kit that thoroughly expresses you.
Add Your Own Image
Having your own headshot is a must for any media kit. You want to be able to have a brand remember you, be able to recognize you from a conference, and be able to put a name to that amazing face. This makes your media kit more personal, but memorable for anyone who wants to work with you and help promote your blog.
Blog Stats and Numbers
A must have for any awesome media kit is a place for you to brag about your blog reach and social media reach. Even if you think you have a small blog and believe your reach isn’t that big, your readers are valuable to you, which means that are valuable to other people as well. In social media especially, if you have just one reader or one follower, if that one follower shares your piece to their thousands of followers, than you are golden. Find your number of readers, subscribers, and social media followers, and include those numbers on your media kit.
Sell Your Story
The most important piece of information that will make your media kit awesome and stand out, is to sell your story. Tell your story on who you blog for, who your ideal reader is, and what makes you different. Showcase what makes you different from that other food blogger, mom blogger, or fashion blogger. Adding a fun quote or something to remember you by is a fun way to make your media kit pop.
This is my media kit. You can see that I incorporated all of these tips to make it shine.
Are you looking for more tips to help you create your media kit? Here are some posts you’ll find helpful:
- 8 Must Haves in Your Media Kit
- How to Use Google Analytics When Creating Your Media Kit
- How to Create a Media Kit For Your Blog When You Do NOT Have Much Traffic
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Apr 4, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020