If you are looking for a media kit example…especially as a smaller blogger…then you’ve come to the right place.
As a blogger, there are key pieces of information about your blog you want to make sure you share with prospective businesses. Sometimes brands want to get to know a little more about you before they approach you to see if you’re a good fit for their needs. Having a media kit ready to go right on your blog makes your site that much more friendly to companies.
Media Kit Example for Bloggers
Media kits are kind of like resumes — they should be compact, include only the most relevant and timely information and should be a conversation starter. They don’t need to answer all of the questions a brand may have and honestly, it’s better if they don’t.
Consider them like a movie trailer…a great introduction to you and your blog. Brands will use these kits to decide whether or not to move forward with a longer discussion, and that should be your goal. You probably won’t book a job or a project solely on the weight of this kit, so consider it the cocktail hour that you hope will lead to a sit-down dinner.
So, how big should it be? And what should be included, especially if you don’t have as many page views or inbound links as other bloggers?
- Choosing Blogger as Your Blogging Platform - Oct 13, 2017
- Stock Photos Magic - Oct 11, 2017
- 8 Steps to Creating a Better Podcast - Oct 6, 2017
- Twitter Lists: How to Tame Twitter! - Oct 4, 2017
- How to Sell Online Courses from Your Own Website: A Complete Beginner’s Guide - Sep 29, 2017
- Write For Yourself - Sep 27, 2017
- Conquer Blogging Frustration, Burnout, and Overload - Sep 22, 2017
- 15 Best Social Media Automation Tools - Sep 20, 2017
- What is SEO? Free Resources for Improving Yours - Sep 15, 2017
- 10 Best Free Resources To Find Images For Your Blog - Sep 13, 2017