This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Having a blog post go viral is a dream for most bloggers. It can be an incredible experience, but just like most things in life, there are also downsides. It is impossible to plan for a viral blog post, but here are some things you can keep in mind if it happens for you in the future.
What I Wish I Knew Before That Viral Blog Post
My previous definition of a viral post was “any post that receives five times your average views in a week.” Because we all have those posts that catch some steam and spread like wildfire, and that’s awesome.
But this was different. It received 90,720 views in one day. 947,863 views to date.
It brought me the highest day of traffic for My Crazy Good Life, at 160,384 pageviews. It crashed my blog and put me in hot water with my host.
It cost me a lot of money, and made me miss quite a few deadlines.
And that post spread to other posts within my blog, thanks to interlinks. In just over one month, my little blog had received over one million pageviews.
Boy, have I learned a lot in the past six weeks. And I’m sharing.
Read the Full Post Here: What I Wish I Knew Before That Post Went Viral
- How To Create a Custom Watermark in PicMonkey - Feb 28, 2018
- SEO Blogger Tools of the Trade - Feb 23, 2018
- 5 Vlogging Tips for Beginners - Feb 16, 2018
- How to Get Your First 100 Email Subscribers in 30 Days or Less - Feb 14, 2018
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Blog - Feb 9, 2018
- IFTTT for Bloggers: 5 Time-Saving Ideas - Jan 31, 2018
- Why I Quit Making New Year’s Resolutions to Explore Possibilities Instead - Jan 26, 2018
- Make Your Posts Pinteresting Using PicMonkey - Jan 24, 2018
- Social Media Influence - Jan 19, 2018
- 5 Tips to Get More Followers and Page Views - Jan 17, 2018
- 8 Great WordPress Plugins for Beginning Bloggers - Jan 12, 2018
- How to Organize Your Pinterest Boards - Jan 10, 2018
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Gave - Jan 5, 2018
- Best Free Valentine’s Day Fonts - Jan 3, 2018
- Top 10 Blogging Tips for NEW Bloggers - Dec 29, 2017