There was a time when a blog without photos was acceptable…if the writing was good enough. Today, in a time of Instagram, Pinterest and rampant photo sharing, you need to be taking pictures for your blog. Virtually every blogging platform makes it easy to upload and share photos on your site without knowing a lick of HTML. The advances and low price of digital camera technology means nearly everyone is carrying a camera around in their pocket.
We love blogs with photos. More than that, we love blogs with beautiful, eye-catching photos.
First, you find interesting things to take pictures of – but you don’t need a great camera or a lot of technical skill to take interesting, awe-inspiring photographs for your blog. You just need the right blog photography tips. We can help you learn how to shoot beautiful photos.
And our goal is to make sure you have all the information you need to get the best blog photos!
- Rule of Thirds: A Photo Composition Must Have Skill
- Color and Contrast Photography Tips
- Photo Lines and Repetition Tips
- Photo Lighting: How to Take Your Best Pictures Inside and Outside
- 5 Photo Composition and Perspective Tips That Every Blogger Should Read
- Telling a Story with Your Photos
- Self Portrait Photography: Taking the Fear Out of Taking Your Own Photo
- Natural Light Photography: Making the Ordinary, Extraordinary
- 5 Tips to Make Your Food Photography Fabulous
- Tips For Photographing Your Kids
- How To Use Your Phone Camera To Take Awesome Pictures
Photo Tips for Bloggers
We recommend that every blogger have a few skills down pat when it comes to photography. Read the below posts to learn what they are.
- How to Watermark Your Images and Why You Should
- Watermarking Images Video Tutorial
- Learn How to Style Your Photos Using Basic HTML and CSS
- 5 Ways To Protect Your Blog Photos
No one takes a perfect photo every time. But, it is possible to edit photos so that you ultimately get the look and feel you are hoping for. Learn how to edit photos quickly and easily with these posts. They will help determine what comes next after you have good pictures to edit!
- Picnik is Closed. What Other Free Photo Editing Sites Are Out There?
- Using Picmonkey to Edit Pictures for Free
- Making the Most of the Pictures You Take: Photo Editing Tips for Bloggers
- Best Photo Editing Apps For Your Smartphone
And if you are a beginner and not sure which type of camera to buy, be sure you do not miss our Guide to Buying a Point and Shoot Digital Camera. It is filled with ideas to get you started in the right direction.