In a time of Instagram, Pinterest and rampant photo sharing, you need to be taking pictures for your blog. Virtually every blogging platform makes it easy to upload and share photos on your site without knowing a lick of HTML. The advances and low price of digital camera technology means nearly everyone is carrying a camera around in their pocket.
We love blogs with photos. More than that, we love blogs with beautiful, eye-catching photos.
First, you find interesting things to take pictures of – but you don’t need a great camera or a lot of technical skill to take interesting, awe-inspiring photographs for your blog. You just need the right blog photography tips. We can help you learn how to shoot beautiful photos.
And our goal is to make sure you have all the information you need to get the best blog photos!
Before you even pick up your camera, you need to set yourself up for success with the right tools and props. Read these posts to get started.
- Essential Camera Gear for Beginning Photographers
- Staging Staples: The Best Items for the Best Pictures
- How to Set up a Home Video Studio
- Blog Photography Backgrounds for Under $10
- Rule of Thirds: A Photo Composition Must Have Skill
- Color and Contrast Photography Tips
- Photo Lighting: How to Take Your Best Pictures Inside and Outside
- 5 Photo Composition and Perspective Tips That Every Blogger Should Read
- Telling a Story with Your Photos
- Self Portrait Photography: Taking the Fear Out of Taking Your Own Photo
- Natural Light Photography: Making the Ordinary, Extraordinary
- How to Take a Food Photo from Good to Great
- Tips For Photographing Your Kids
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photo
Photo Tips for Bloggers
We recommend that every blogger have a few skills down pat when it comes to photography. Read the below posts to learn what they are.
- How to Watermark Your Images and Why You Should
- 5 Ways To Protect Your Blog Photos
- Photography Tips from a Pro Blogger
- Stop Paying for Stock Photos and Take Your Own
No one takes a perfect photo every time. But, it is possible to edit photos so that you ultimately get the look and feel you are hoping for. Learn how to edit photos quickly and easily with these posts. They will help determine what comes next after you have good pictures to edit!