This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Winter may be the coldest season but it is also the most wonderful time of the year! If you live in a region that gets plenty of snow, the possibilities for take amazing winter photos are endless. Before you adventure outside to capture the winter wonderland through your lens, there are a few things you should be aware of. I am here to equip you with all the knowledge you need to take your winter photography to the next level!
3 Tips For Winter Photography
1. Keep yourself and your fingers warm
I can’t stress this enough! Overdressing is never a bad idea when shooting in cold weather. Wear multiple layers of clothing and don’t forget to cover your hands. After a few minutes of shooting in cold weather your fingers will begin to go numb. Be prepared and consider some thin liner gloves that are also camera friendly. Regular gloves can make it hard for you to use all the dials and buttons on your camera because of their thickness.
2. Bring extra batteries (and keep them warm)
When exposed to low temperatures, batteries lose power. Make sure you bring along at least one extra battery when you photograph in cold weather. Keeping your spare battery in your inner pocket, close to your body heat, will help preserve its power.
3. Don’t let your camera fog up
Be mindful of your camera when you go from cold to warm temperatures. It’s better to let your camera warm up slowly instead of allowing condensation to form. Before entering any warm space, make sure to put your lens cover on and secure your camera in a camera bag.
If you follow these simple winter photography tips and tricks, you’ll be ready to photograph in cold temperatures this winter season and not worry about a thing. Best of luck to you!
Check out all of our photography tips here and visit our photography Pinterest board.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Como conquistar uma mulher says
Great Article, help me a lot