This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ahh, spring has sprung! Spring is the perfect time of year to get your photography back on track. One of the best ways to improve your photography skills is to shoot everyday. For some of us, taking on a Project 365 (shooting a photo everyday for a year) is a bit much. But starting with shooting every day for 30 days is an easy way to take on and complete a photography project AND improve your photography at the same time. So this April, I am sharing 30 photography prompts to carry you through the month.
A few photography tips to get you started:
- Have your camera ready. Have your phone, your DSLR, or your point and shoot with you at all times and ready to shoot. That way, if you are out and you see something, you have no excuse not to shoot it!
- Plan Ahead. Print out the list, screenshot it on your phone and think about what you can shoot for the day before or even the week before you shoot it.
- Remember your Rules of Composition. Even if you feel like you are only taking a photo of a single thing and you think that thing is boring, remember that the rules of composition (rule of thirds, negative space, leading lines) can make ANY photo interesting!
- Have fun. Challenge yourself yes, but remember to have fun! Most likely you will take photos of things that you have never thought about taking photos of. Be creative. Be you. Have fun.
30 Days Of Photography Prompts For April
- Today I….
- From where I stand
- Rainy days
- A Hobby
- Makes me smile
- A is for….
- Four things
- Out of Focus
- Black and White
- In the Morning
- 5 PM
- On my Table
- Rule Of Thirds
- I’m obsessed with…
- In the Kitchen
- The weather today
- Spring has Sprung
- In My Bag
- Someone who makes you Happy
- What I’m reading now
- The view from here
- On My Plate
- Through the Window….
Have fun! I can’t wait to see your photos!
Tag them with #SITSBlogging if you share on social media!
More Photography Tips
- How To Set Your White Balance - Dec 10, 2018
- 7 Tips To Photograph Christmas Morning - Dec 11, 2017
- How To Take Your Snapchat To The Next Level - Aug 31, 2016
- 7 Tips For Awesome Product Photography For Your Blog - Aug 8, 2016
- How To Achieve A Beautiful Bokeh Effect On Your Pictures - Jul 27, 2016
- 30 Days Of Photography Prompts For April - Mar 31, 2016
- How To Take The Perfect Flat Lay Image - Feb 17, 2016
- Daily Photography Tips For Capturing All The Moments In Your Life - Jan 27, 2016
- How To Use VSCO Cam To Edit Your Photos For Instagram - Oct 7, 2015
- Be Creative With Low Light Photography | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 8 - Jul 22, 2015
- Anatomy Of A Product Photography Shoot | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 6 - Jul 20, 2015
- 5 Tips To Improve Your Mobile Photography Today | SITS Summer Photography Challenge Day 2 - Jul 14, 2015
- Improve Your Photos Quickly With The Lightroom Straighten Tool - Jun 11, 2015