This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You probably already heard the saying “a photograph is worth a thousand words”. The Project 365 is more than that, it gives you a visual recording of an entire year in your life. What is Project 365, you may ask? Project 365 challenges you to take a photo a day for 365 days. As you participate in a 365 photography project, you will strengthen your photo skills, and capture all the little moments in your life you might otherwise allow to pass.
How To Start A 365 Photography Project
When I first started my Project 365, I wanted to be more than just a Virginia wedding photographer. I love spending my weekends creating beautiful memories for some of the most in love couples around, but at the same time I wanted to take time to shoot for myself and create beautiful memories for my family and I. And let me just tell you, the entire process has been so rewarding!
Here are some quick tips to help you get started:
1. Decide on a social platform to share your photos. I personally chose to showcase my everyday pictures on Instagram. For me, this is what works best and I get to use #hashtags to connect with other Project 365 enthusiasts and make it even more fun. If you want to get creative, you can create your own personalized hashtags.
2. If you ever find yourself in a rut, using prompts can help. There are so many daily prompts out there, you just have to use your imagination and get creative to make them work for you. Because I want to help you get started, here are 10 prompts that you could use to make your job easier. Just pick up your camera and snap away!
- In My Kitchen
- Old School
- On The Floor
3. Start today! The best thing is that you don’t have to wait until any specific day or time — you can start today! If you are looking for ways to improve your photography skills this year, you should consider starting a Project 365.
By committing to daily photography, not only do you create memories for yourself and your family, but you will also improve your photography tremendously.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020