Looking for easy photography projects to try this summer? We’ve got some really fun ideas for you! Chances are that you already have everything you need to get started. You don’t need expensive equipment. In fact, most of these projects can be done by simply using your phone camera. So, let’s get started!
3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer
Note: this post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
1. Summer Sunsets
There’s something magical about the summer sunsets! They are extraordinary colorful and amazingly beautiful. An easy photo project that you can try this summer is to capture the sunset (or sunrise if you are a morning person) every day. These times of the day are a golden opportunity to capture breathtaking images.
2. Shoot a Full Roll of Film
The Fujifilm Instax Mini Cameras have become really popular. The great thing about these cameras is that after you take each photo, you get to watch it develop. Choose to shoot a roll of film this summer and use your printed photos to create a scrapbook. This project would be perfect to try on your summer vacation this year.
If you don’t have an Instax camera, you could print the pictures you take with your phone camera using a portable photo printer that works with your phone.
3. 100 Days of Summer
If you’ve done the “365 Project” before, you are going to love the “100 Days of Summer” challenge! The idea behind this project is to take a picture each day for a hundred days this summer. Between vacations and summer activities, you’ll be able to document those little moments in your life that you might otherwise allow to pass.
If you feel like you might not be able to complete the “100 Days of Summer” project, you might consider doing a “Day in the Life” photo project instead. Pick a day and take pictures throughout it for the entire day, from the time the sun goes up, to the time it goes down. This project challenges you to photograph every part of your usual day and document the little moments.
Have you tried any of the above photo projects before?
If not, which one are you going to try this summer?
More Photography Tips
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - Apr 18, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017