This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our daily life is made up of small moments that, when put together, form lifelong memories. I love documenting my everyday! It is the ordinary, everyday things that tell my story, and the same is true for you. Here are a few tips for photographing your everyday life to help you get inspired.
Photographing Your Everyday Life
If you often find yourself in a rut when photographing your everyday life, here are a few tips to help you take your images from ordinary to extraordinary!
Play around with different angles and get creative. Try shooting from the same angle as your subject, then from a 45 degree angle, and lastly, try shooting down on the subject. This will bring a whole new dimension to your photos. In the above picture I tried shooting down on my kitchen table where I had placed a couple of strawberries (on top of a cutting board). This angle brings more depth and attraction.
Finding the perfect light can be tricky, especially when you are photographing indoors. I love big windows and the soft light that comes in through them. You would often find me moving things around just so that I can photograph my subjects in the best light possible.Natural light just brings a pop of color to my images and I love the soft look that it brings overall.
I use negative space a lot in my pictures to isolate the main subject and draw the attention towards what I intend the main focus to be in my photo. Don’t be afraid to play around and experiment with negative space and different angles.
I hope this gave you an insight on how I photograph my everyday and inspired you to do the same. If you want to follow along with me on my everyday journey, join me on Instagram. I would love to see you there!
More Photography Tips
Check out all of our photography tips here and visit our photography Pinterest board.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Cynthia Favata says
My sister-in-law takes beautiful pictures and a true inspiration.
The light in a photograph can have an enormous impact. Good tips 🙂
John C says
Yep… great tips indeed. Light is everything really… without it you have nothing! And a big yes to negative space… Im a big fan to!!
Great tips! I am still learning a lot when it comes to photographing things/people/food ect. These were a great help. Thank you!
Tammi Young says
I love playing with perspective! Some of the most interesting pictures have unusual angles. Terrific tips!
Mrs. AOK says
Great tips! I’m always chasing the light in my house 😀