This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Our daily life is made up of small moments that, when put together, form lifelong memories. I love documenting my everyday! It is the ordinary, everyday things that tell my story, and the same is true for you. Here are a few tips for photographing your everyday life to help you get inspired.
Photographing Your Everyday Life
If you often find yourself in a rut when photographing your everyday life, here are a few tips to help you take your images from ordinary to extraordinary!
Play around with different angles and get creative. Try shooting from the same angle as your subject, then from a 45 degree angle, and lastly, try shooting down on the subject. This will bring a whole new dimension to your photos. In the above picture I tried shooting down on my kitchen table where I had placed a couple of strawberries (on top of a cutting board). This angle brings more depth and attraction.
Finding the perfect light can be tricky, especially when you are photographing indoors. I love big windows and the soft light that comes in through them. You would often find me moving things around just so that I can photograph my subjects in the best light possible.Natural light just brings a pop of color to my images and I love the soft look that it brings overall.
I use negative space a lot in my pictures to isolate the main subject and draw the attention towards what I intend the main focus to be in my photo. Don’t be afraid to play around and experiment with negative space and different angles.
I hope this gave you an insight on how I photograph my everyday and inspired you to do the same. If you want to follow along with me on my everyday journey, join me on Instagram. I would love to see you there!
More Photography Tips
- 3 Ways To Document Your Family Vacation With Photographs - May 6, 2019
- How a Professional Photographer Stores Photos Online - Sep 26, 2018
- 5 Kids Photos Every Mom Should Take - Sep 13, 2018
- 3 Easy Photography Projects to Try this Summer - Jun 11, 2018
- How to Create Cover Photos for Instagram Story Highlights - Mar 14, 2018
- How To Share Photos From Lightroom To Instagram - Jan 24, 2018
- 3 Tips for Photographing Your Everyday Life - Sep 4, 2017
- What to Do When You Don’t Have Access to Natural Light - Jul 24, 2017
- How to Take a Perfect Flat Lay Photograph - May 24, 2017
- How To Take Great Instagram Photos - Feb 24, 2017
- 3 Tips For Completing A Project 365 - Jan 9, 2017
- How To Start A 365 Photography Project - Jan 4, 2017
- 3 Blog Photography Backgrounds Under $10 - Aug 31, 2016
- Tips For Photographing Your Own Kids - Aug 3, 2016
- How To Plan For Your Wedding Photos - Jul 8, 2016