This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Two months ago we were pretty disappointed to find out that our favorite photo editing site Picnik was going away. I began what can only be described as a man hunt for the perfect “next best” site.
At first glance the site seemed promising. It had all of the basic edits, many of our favorite photo filters, and most of the touch up tools and stickers we’d grown to love. Best of all, the site was PRETTY and easy to use!
But it was missing one fundamental quality that to us, made Picnik so valuable.
So much of blogging is about the visual presentation of a post and we were using collages on nearly a daily basis. PicMonkey promised they were coming and my friends?
PicMonkey has released collages and in so doing has become our number one, without a doubt, most favorite photo editing site online.
PicMonkey’s collages incorporate everything we loved about Picnik’s collages and took them a step further to completely blow Picnik out of the water. You can choose a collage from a list of templates, create your own from scratch, and even move the borders within the collage by dragging them where you’d like them to go. There is so much freedom to create the perfect collage every time!
Here’s the quick of it:
1.) Upload your photos
2.) Choose a collage layout (or create your own)
3.) Adjust the border
You can fiddle with spacing, round corners, and use the eyedropper tool to match a color in a photo exactly.
We also love the addition of the “transparent” border that allows you to keep the overall layout of the collage, but removes any visibility of a border.
After you’ve selected your pictures, layout, and adjusted your borders you simply save to your computer and you’re free to go!
Other favorite PicMonkey additions?
The new Facebook Cover option! It seems PicMonkey has been working directly with Facebook because not only do they have a Facebook App available that allows you to edit any of your Facebook photos right there ON Facebook, but this new Facebook Cover Collage option makes it a million times easier to create and update your Facebook pages.
No more worrying about dimensions, you can just pull your pictures into the spaces provided OR, just like with the other collage layouts, drag the borders around to create the perfect cover photo for your page!
Have you used PicMonkey for your photo editing yet? We’d love to hear what you think of it as a photo editing resource!
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020