This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We love beautiful photography on blogs and social media. LOVE it.
Photography is another way you can share your stories and express your creativity. It is also a great way to illustrate your blog posts. No matter what kind of images you are sharing (pictures of your kids, close-ups of products you are reviewing, beautiful pictures with text added, step by step recipe illustrations, nature photos, or any other kind of picture you can imagine), we want to see you taking the best pictures possible.
You can find a lot of photography tips here — we’ve been talking about photography at The SITS Girls for a long time — but this month we are going to spend two weeks really digging into the art of taking great photos during our summer photography challenge. Some of our favorite photographers are going to share their tips and insight as they challenge you to flex your photography muscles and try new things.
SITS Summer Photography Challenge: July 13 – 24
Don’t have a fancy camera? No problem! This is the challenge for you. Have a fancy camera…but aren’t quite sure if you are using it to its full potential? This is the challenge for you, too! Mostly using your cell phone camera? Bring on those pictures!
There is a saying that the best camera is the one in your hand. We are going to embrace that sentiment for this challenge, and you will be able to pick up new techniques and inspiration that fit with the equipment you already have.
Summer Photography Challenge Topics
We are going to cover a lot of photography tips and techniques, including:
- Photo Composition
- Low Light Photography
- Motion and Action
- Cell Phone Photography
- The Perfect Photo Walk
- Macro Pictures
- Black & White Photography
- Food Photography
- Taking Pictures Of People You Love
Each day there will be challenges (we could call it homework, but that doesn’t sound nearly as fun), and we will have a linky for you to share your blog posts, instagram images, or other photo links. We will also be using the hashtag #SITSBlogging across social media so you can see the amazing pictures from other participants and get feedback on your own images.
Interested? Sign up here!
Use the below form to sign up, and we’ll keep you up to date on everything that is happening with our Summer Photography Challenge. Then come back next Monday, July 13th, to get your first assignment and link up your pictures or blog post.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020