This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Google Analytics is not only a great resource for finding information about your website traffic but also your keywords. Once you learn how to find keywords in Google Analytics, it can help you understand what terms are being searched to find content on your website.
How To Find Your Keywords In Google Analytics
When you first log into your Google Analytics you’ll want to select Acquisition – Search Engine Optimization – Queries. Once you have selected those options your screen will look similar to the image below (but with different search terms).
The list will typically default to the top ten results. However, you can change this on the bottom right-hand corner where it says “show rows”. You can change this to show 25, 50, or even 500!
This is an area of Google Analytics you will want to study on a regular basis. Social media traffic is wonderful, but you don’t want to have all your eggs in one basket. Building up search engine traffic will keep traffic coming to your site even when you’re not actively promoting your site.
You should look at your keywords on a monthly or quarterly basis. Use your top queries to determine what type of content you should be writing and what keywords to use. It is also a great idea to create a series of posts around your top keywords.
- Use Analytics Now: Understanding Real Time Google Analytics Numbers - Jun 19, 2015
- How to Find Keywords in Google Analytics - Mar 12, 2015
- Tax Deductions All Bloggers Should Know About - Feb 3, 2015
- GoodNites* TRU FIT* Twitter Party - Sep 22, 2014
- #LOOKSTHATROCK Twitter Party - Aug 21, 2014
- Financial Independence TWITTER PARTY From Capital One 360 - Jul 2, 2014
- #VRMonth Twitter Party from Wyndham Vacation Rentals - Jun 16, 2014
- How to Regram Images on Instagram - Jun 5, 2014
- #AllergyFace Twitter Party - Jun 2, 2014
- What Makes You Smile When You Look In the Mirror? #DoveMirror Twitter Party - May 15, 2014
- #WorldsToughestJob Twitter Party with Cardstore - Apr 30, 2014
- BIG Reveal Coming: #TicTacMystery Twitter Party - Apr 28, 2014
- April 26: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 25, 2014
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Credible & Respected Top Blogger - Apr 24, 2014
- April 19: Share Your Favorite Post at Saturday Sharefest - Apr 18, 2014