This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Google Authorship is a fairly new term in the blogging world. However, it’s a term you want to get to know, understand and use! Setting up your Google Authorship is simple and will only take you a few minutes.
If you have a blog and a Google + account, you can set up your Google Authorship.
How to Set Up Your Google Authorship
You might already know that setting up your Google Authorship means having your picture next to online content you have produced. This is a great feature and one of the biggest reasons why people set up their authorship. However, there are other benefits to setting up your authorship.
Studies have shown that having an image next to your link in the search results will result in a higher click through rate. This means more traffic being brought to your site! We all want more traffic to our sites and this is an easy way to make sure that happens. Having your authorship set up also allows Google to index your site and content at a quicker rate, which means you appear in the search engines shortly after hitting publish.
Another benefit to setting up your Google Authorship is getting real time stats through Google Webmaster tools. Simply log into your Google Webmaster account, click on labs and then author stats. Your author stats will show you in-depth data for each article you have posted on the web. You will be able to look at your total impressions, click throughs and much more. This information is invaluable when it comes to understanding what types of content is getting clicked on.
Google Authorship Video Tutorial
To set up your Google Authorship watch this short video tutorial. This video tutorial will show you step by step how to set up your authorship with Google.
Let’s chat about all things related to Google authorship!
Have you set Google authorship yet? If no, we encourage you to try. If you have, are you seeing the benefits?
Looking for More Tips?
Did you enjoy this video tutorial on Google authorship? If so, then keep reading!
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 31, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020