This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Instagram is one of those platforms that has various layers. There are hidden Instagram secrets and tips that you can use to get the most out of the platform. Here are our best tips for utilizing the platform to make sure you get the best feed and growth!
Instagram Secrets You Need In 2019
Have you ever scrolled through someone’s feed or InstaStories and wondered, “How did they do that?” There are so many features that are hidden within the platform that the average user might not know about. Having the best feed will give you the best chance for sponsored opportunities and growth! I am all about working smarter and not harder, so today I’m sharing seven Instagram secrets that you can start using today.
How To Turn on Instagram Post Notifications
It is no secret that Instagram is a great place to host giveaways and sneak peaks. My favorite influencers always have the first look on the best beauty products, style tips, and kid items. Businesses regularly post deals that are exclusive to their followers, but you might miss them if your post notifications aren’t turned on!
To turn on post notifications:
- First, in your feed, look for the three little dots on the top right corner of a post.
- Next, click the little dots.
- Several options will pop up.
- Lastly, select “turn on post notifications”!
How To Change Your Instagram Story Background Color
Also, you can customize your Instagram Story background color. It helps your Stories pop and really sets them apart from everyone else’s feeds. This is one of my favorite Instagram secrets, because it’s super easy once you learn how to do it, and I love being able to control the background color.
To change your Instagram Story background color:
- First, upload any picture (this will get covered up, so it doesn’t matter what picture you use).
- Next at the bottom of your screen, select the pen tool and choose your color.
- Hold your finger down on that color. You should be able to choose from a large array of colors now.
- Finally, hold your finger pressed on the IG story screen to fill the entire screen with that color!
- Lastly, you now have the Instagram Story background color you want and can add text, pictures, or a gif!
How To Turn Off Your Last Active Status On Instagram
Maybe you don’t want people knowing that you check your Instagram every 5 minutes? If that is the case, you need to turn off your “Last Active” feature. Sometimes it is nice to fly under the radar!
To turn off last active status:
- First, go to Settings
- Then, select Privacy and Security
- Select Activity Status, and switch the toggle to off!
How To Add a Line Break in Your Instagram Caption
Sometimes you want to write a story that goes with your picture. However, it needs to be formatted correctly, or nobody will read it! That means you need line breaks and paragraphs so people don’t get scared away by a huge chunk of text! The days of blurred together paragraphs are gone. You can toggle your keyboard on Instagram with this trick!
To add line breaks in Instagram captions:
- While you are writing out the text for your caption hit the “123 button” to switch the keyboard.
- In that mode you can see the ” Return” key in the lower right hand corner.
- Press that key to jump to the next line!
How To Add Rainbow Text to Your Instagram Story
This is a fun way to brighten up your feed! Sometimes the simplest hacks can really help you stand apart for the rest of the pack!
To use rainbow text on your Instagram Story:
- When you are in the Story app choose the text tool.
- Type out all the words that you want.
- Highlight all the words
- Next, using your thumb, press and hold on a color option close to the right or left of the gradient tool.
- While still holding down, take your other thumb and press and hold on one end of the selected text.
- Slowly slide both thumbs one way! You should have beautiful, magical rainbow text!
How To View All Past Posts You Have Liked
Sometimes you have a post that you liked, but forgot to bookmark. I love to browse interior decorating on Instagram, but don’t always bookmark my favorites. It’s great to be able to go back and check everything you have liked. It is always nice to see what you are liking, because chances are you will want to go back and view it again!
To view all of the posts you have liked:
- Go to Settings
- Select Account
- Select Posts You’ve Liked
How To Manually Approve Pictures of Yourself on Instagram
It is the worst when you are scrolling your feed, and see yourself tagged in a totally unflattering picture. Obviously your friends mean well, but it might be nice to approve the picture before your horrible front-facing selfie is posted all over Instagram. If you want more control over when pictures of you are tagged, and added to your Instagram profile, you can actually do that!
To turn on approval for pictures tags:
- Head to Settings
- Go to Privacy and Security
- Select Photos and Videos of You
- Hide Photos and Videos of you.
- All the pictures that you have been tagged in will pop up! You can hide any ones you want hidden.
This is also a nice feature to help you look back and see if you want to repost any pictures you were tagged in. Sometimes it is nice to support friends!
Depending on how you use Instagram, some of these Instagram secrets and tips might be more useful than others. I think it is always a great idea to have full knowledge of how a platform works. If you are trying to grow your Instagram account, utilize all the options, and really set yourself apart from everyone else, these tips will really help!
Are you ready to take your Instagram account to the next level? Read How I Got My Instagram Account to be Seen By Thousands.
Do you have any Instagram secrets to share?
- Easy Easter Cookies Decorated 4 Ways - Mar 8, 2021
- DIY Spring Wreath - Mar 1, 2021
- How To Make An Easter Basket With Newspaper - Feb 23, 2021
- Birdseed Eggs to Make For Spring - Feb 20, 2021
- Strawberry Rose Bouquet - Feb 8, 2021
- DIY Chocolate Kiss Flowers - Feb 4, 2021
- 4 DIY Valentine Mailboxes - Jan 21, 2021
- DIY Confetti Poppers - Dec 28, 2020
- Christmas Card Photo Idea: DIY Christmas Tree Stand - Nov 6, 2020
- Cranberry Champagne Cocktail - Nov 2, 2020
- 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes - Nov 1, 2020
- Whoville Christmas Trees - Oct 30, 2020
- Mesh Poinsettia Christmas Decor - Oct 26, 2020
- Pineapple DIY Costume: Halloween Tutorial - Oct 19, 2020
- Jurassic Park Dinosaur Costume for Halloween - Oct 16, 2020