This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re creating video for all of the other platforms like TikTok, Instagram and Youtube, don’t forget Pinterest. In case you didn’t know, Pinterest video pins are a thing and they are gaining popularity. Pinterest is following the lead of other platforms and prioritizing video, and we want you to be seen.
Why You Should Use Pinterest Video Pins
People love videos! People really love beautiful videos, which fits into the aesthetic of Pinterest being the platform for finding all of the pretty things that spark inspiration in your home, how you dress, where you vacation, etc.
The beauty of the landscape of Pinterest is that your Pinterest video pin will likely be mixed in with static images immediately capturing a viewer’s attention, unlike some of the other platforms that are all video, making it a little more difficult for your content to stand out.
Adding video pins on Pinterest is also a good way to mix things up and open your content to a new audience. Some people may only enjoy videos, while others prefer static images. Creating a visual that resonates with different types of people to entice them to click through to your content is both strategic and genius!
Pinterest Video Pins Best Practices
If you are taking the time to create video pins, we want to make sure they work hard for you. Here are some Pinterest best practices for video pins to consider.
- Make sure the first few seconds are eye-catching to capture people’s attention. Think bold concise wording or a colorful image against a dark background.
- Consider the length of your video. Based on the content you are sharing, try to get your point across in less than 60 seconds with the sweet spot being around 15-30 seconds.
- Sound may not be useful for many reasons. Use bold short captions to make sure you get your point across.
- Use a cover image. When uploading a Pinterest video pin, you have the option to include a cover image. Pick a compelling one so that people know what the content is about in one glance.
- Create a good Pin copy. Get as concise and descriptive as possible in the area where you can write about your video pin.
How to Create a Video Pin
Creating a video pin is very similar to creating a normal pin, except you are uploading a video instead of a static image.
- In order to create a video pin you must have a business account
- Select “Create a Pin”
- Upload your video
- Add an SEO friendly title, a short description, and the link to where you would like to drive traffic
- Select one of your existing Pinterest boards to save it to or create a new board and hit publish
We hope this is helpful as you look at ways to expand your video presence across your social platforms.
- How To Go Live On TikTok and Instagram - Oct 21, 2022
- 4 Things That Will Help You Boost Engagement On Instagram - Oct 19, 2022
- 5 Gardening Tools You Need To Start A Garden - Oct 17, 2022
- 3 Tips for Creating the Best Video Content - Oct 12, 2022
- Weekly Posting Checklist for Instagram - Sep 26, 2022
- Things To Consider When Remodeling Your Home - Sep 14, 2022
- Cleaning and Preparing for the Next Garden Season - Sep 12, 2022
- Key Metrics To Track For Affiliate Links - Aug 9, 2022
- Sway Summer Reading List 2022 - Jul 5, 2022
- Summer Plans for Social Media Success - Jun 13, 2022
- The Difference Between Facebook Groups and Facebook Pages - May 23, 2022
- How To Create Canva Templates for Pinterest - Mar 31, 2022
- What You Need To Know About Pinterest Video Pins - Mar 27, 2022
- Pinterest Best Practices - Mar 7, 2022
- Top Books to Read This Spring - Mar 4, 2022
Car Photography says
I am really grateful to be able to benefit from your knowledge