This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We are back with our 31 Days of Writing Prompts. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas!
31 Days of Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which writing prompts work well for your site.
1. Write a letter to a special person in your life.
2. Are you a book rereader? Tell about a favorite you have read many times.
3. Tell us about something you secretly want to do, but have never tried.
4. “The word no is a complete sentence.” What does this phrase mean to you?
5. What songs would we find on the mix tape of your life?
6. Does your family celebrate with Santa Clause? Why or why not?
7. Do you dread Mondays?
8. Are you a jealous person?
9. Share the recipe for your favorite holiday dessert.
10. Who is your hero?
11. What are your five favorite movies for a family movie night?
12. How does your family celebrate Hanukah?
13. Set a timer, and spend five minutes writing a stream of consciousness post.
14. What is your favorite thing to do on a cold day?
15. If you could be somewhere warm right now, where would you chose and why?
16. Tell us about your writing process. Do you write your first draft on paper or the computer?
17. When you are feeling blue, what will turn your frown upside down?
18. What is your favorite holiday song?
19. Do you work well under pressure?
20. If you could wish for just one thing this holiday season, what would it be?
21. What are your holiday traditions?
22. Have you ever bought one of those “as seen on tv” items? Was it worth it?
23. What is your favorite childhood Christmas memory?
24. Tell us about your Christmas Eve plans. Or, better yet, share some pictures.
25. Merry Christmas!
26. The day after a holiday always comes with extra cleaning. Share some cleaning tips to make the job easier.
27. Write a poem about something or someone important to your heart.
28. Does your family eat dinner together each night?
29. How to you plan a perfect road trip?
30. As we get ready to start a new year, will you be making any big changes?
31. New Years Eve! Who will you be kissing at midnight?
Looking for more posts to help you jump start your writing? Then be sure to click through the below links!
- 30 Days Of Writing Prompts For November
- How To Brainstorm And Create Brilliant Ideas
- The Art Of Strong Blogging Content
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Thia is impressive. The post is quite old but it still has a lot of value to offer. I must commend your efforts on this post.
himanshu arora says
Thanks for sharing such a valuable article to your readers.
The content and the way of expressing the views to your readers is amazing
Keep on sharing the amazing articles.
Love this! Get stuck and can’t figure out what to write, so this really helps. Thanks!
Blue Mountains 4Wd Tours From Sydney says
I’m really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you
ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A couple of my
blog readers have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer
but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?
Will you be doing more writing prompts for 2016, or tweaking the lists in any way? Just wondering, as I’d love to challenge myself to try some of these prompts for my personal blog. 🙂
Such great ideas!
Help me out here. How does these pass the ‘who cares’ test? With every blog topic, on a professional blog at least, I ask ‘who cares?’ This way, I know if it’s valuable to my readers. Will they CARE? These all seem self-focused. Readers are self-focused – how will the content help THEM? So maybe I’m missing something?
I think you’re right and there are not many topics that are interesting for professional blog, only with a lot of tweaking maybe. But for me (I don’t have a professional blog, which explains a lot), personal prompts like these get me writing. And it’s my honest opinion that a good personal story/topic can be relevant in a more general way. I think I’ve learned the most in my life from people that were telling just a personal experience.
But then again: I can imagine when you write a food/brand/… blog, these topics are VERY hard to fit in, and would be extremely strange to cover.
Tracie Nall says
These are definitely supposed to be approached as thought starters. Some of them are better suited for personal blogs, but most of them can be turned around to offer a reader-focused slant. #15 could be a personal post about one of your favorite vacation spots, but it could also be a top 10 winter travel destinations post, or you could even choose to make your home the warm place you want to be and offer tips for weather proofing your home. That last one might be a bit of a stretch, but that’s the thing about thought starters – it isn’t a test to how closely you stayed “on topic” it’s just something to make you think. As you find the answer to the question for your own life, you can also find how to answer the question in a way that applies to your readers’ lives.
I always look forward to these idea posts — perfect for coming up with fun content throughout the month! Thank you!
Great list. This will get me writing!
Lauren Beasley says
Great writing prompt suggestions…as always!!