This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
We are back with our 31 Days of Writing Prompts. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas!
31 Days of Writing Prompts
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
- Do you have a green thumb? Share some gardening tips. Or some gardening mishaps!
- How do you find balance in your life?
- Share 3 ways you practice self-care.
- May the fourth be with you! We can’t let this day pass without writing about Star Wars.
- What are your Cinco de Mayo plans?
- What is your favorite Mother’s Day craft or recipe?
- What is the first thing you see in the morning?
- Write about a book you recently read that stayed with you after you closed the last page.
- Have you ever tried hot yoga? What was your experience?
- What are you studying in your free time? Share your new knowledge with us.
- The most disappointed I’ve ever been . . .
- Do you feel pressured to be perfect?
- Share your best photograph and the story behind it.
- Mother’s Day! What is your favorite memory of your mom, or your favorite thing about being a mom?
- Describe your dream home.
- Are you a tree hugger?
- Flash Fiction: Write a short story about a clock.
- When you were nine years old….
- What does your family do on family night?
- If you could time travel to any year, which one would you visit?
- Create a beautiful wreath for your door and share the tutorial.
- Have you ever canned your own fruits or vegetables? Share a memory or recipe.
- What made you smile this week?
- Do you procrastinate, or do you like checking things off your list as fast as you can?
- Write about your first love — be it a person, place, or thing.
- Would you rather swim in the ocean, lake, or swimming pool?
- What ingredients make a perfect Saturday?
- What is the best thing you ever had for dessert? Share the memory or the recipe.
- Memorial Day! Do you have a loved one who gave their life while serving their country?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what musical instrument would you love to learn to play?
- What are your plans for the summer?
Looking for more writing inspiration? Check out these posts!
- 30 Days of Writing Prompts for April
- 10 Secrets to Writing Success
- How to Find the Best Topics for Your Blog
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Devika Bhoyar says
This is one of the best posts I have read in a while,
keep sharing more such beautiful articles
Nice Post…. Thanks For Sharing
I’m always looking for more post ideas. These prompts have given me some great thoughts to start several posts for May.
Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) says
I love this. It’s so easy to get writers block and these are prompts that I’ll actually use and enjoy responding to!
Lori Hil says
Great prompts, thanks!
Monica @ The Yogi Movement says
Thanks so much for this! This is so helpful!
Wow- fresh off of the A to Z Challenge, this looks like another great set of ideas!
Giveaways 4 Mom says
Thanks for the list of prompts.
Wonderful! Thank you for the ideas.
Don’t forget but May is also National Foster Care month…so, if you’re a foster or adoptive parent, professional in the field, someone who lived through foster care/adoption, or anything related, you could write about what that means for you, as well. Maybe even link up to a foster care or adoption agency for those readers who may be inspired. If you need suggestions: your state’s agency, The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, National Foster Parent Association, North American Council on Adoptable Children, or AdoptUSKids.org
Yvonne I. Wilson says
Fabulous ideas! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Oh what fab ideas – just the thing to push past a writers block 🙂
Sandra from It's Tidy Time says
These tips are always so great. Thank you for continuing to encourage, support, and promote 🙂 We love you ladies!
Laina Turner says
These are always so helpful.
Amber Albright says
Thank you for posting these!
Audrey Adair-Keene says
I think this is such a great idea! Thanks for creating and sharing this list. It will definitely help me stay on top of content ideas next month. 🙂