We are back with our 31 Days of October Writing Prompts. Our goal is to help you keep your editorial calendar stocked with plenty of writing ideas for the whole month!
31 DAYS OF OCTOBER WRITING PROMPTS
Feel free to pick and choose which prompts work well for your site.
1. Share your favorite vegetarian recipe.
2. Do you remember your first car? Did you give it a name? Tell us about your first car or what it was like when you learned how to drive.
3. Do you give back to your community by volunteering? Or maybe you have a favorite charity you support in other ways. Tell us what causes are important to you, and why.
4. What is the recipe for a perfect fall weekend outing?
5. Have you ever visited a farm?
6. Happy World Smile Day! Share a list of ten things that make you smile.
7. What was your favorite game when you were a kid? Do you still play it today?
8. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Do you have a personal story about breast cancer to share? Or maybe this is a good day to turn your blog over to a friend for a guest post so she can share her story.
9. What are your favorite blogs or podcasts this month? Share a short list and help us all discover some new friends.
10. Share your favorite recipe that includes eggs.
11. If you were going on a trip to any place in the world today, where would you go and what would you do?
12. What are your pet peeves?
13. Do you find it difficult to ask for help?
14. Write a review of a book that inspired you this year.
15. Let’s really stretch our writing today. Write a short fiction story.
16. What changes have you made in your life this month?
17. Do you have a great popcorn recipe?
18. Share a childhood memory that makes you smile.
19. Do you share your real self online?
20. What do you like to do on a dark and stormy day?
21. Share a cute craft or DIY idea that includes buttons.
22. Did you make prank calls when you were a kid or teen?
23. What are your five best organizational tips?
24. Do you speak a second language? What inspired you to learn it?
25. Share your favorite pasta recipe.
26. What does bedtime look like at your house?
27. Costumes. Do you have plans to dress up this year? Share pictures of your or your kid’s costumes. Or tell us about your worst costume failure.
28. Tell us about your best Halloween trick.
29. Do you carve pumpkins for Halloween? We want to see pictures of your best carvings today!
30. What are your plans for all the Halloween candy that is about to invade your house? Will you use it to make fun desserts? Do you have a plan to buy back your kid’s candy, or do you just eat it all late at night after they go to bed?
31. Happy Halloween! Let’s embrace the day and write about fear. What is a fear you have conquered?
Looking for more posts to help you jump start your writing? Then be sure to click through the below links!
- 30 Days Of Writing Prompts For September
- Finding Your Words When Writer’s Block Is Holding Them Back
- What’s A Good Keyword?
- 31 Days Of January Writing Prompts - Jan 1, 2018
- 31 Days Of Writing Prompts For December - Dec 1, 2017
- 30 Days Of November Writing Prompts - Nov 1, 2017
- You Could Win Free Groceries For A Year! - Oct 15, 2017
- 31 Days Of October Writing Prompts - Oct 1, 2017
- The FTC Answers Questions From Influencers About Disclosures - Sep 21, 2017
- 30 Days Of September Writing Prompts - Sep 1, 2017
- Join Us For The Hefty Ultra Strong Mom Twitter Party! - Aug 14, 2017
- Disney Junior Princess Party Activities - Aug 2, 2017
- Disney Junior Princess Party Food - Aug 2, 2017